Governmental / Non-governmental Associations
National Drug Control Commission
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
PO Box 50045 Riyadh 11523
The National Committee is responsible for carrying out many activities and roles in confronting the phenomenon of drugs, and the most important roles assigned to it:
1. Formulation of national policies in the field of drug control, and setting priorities through the preparation of an annual strategy to guide national efforts to control the security and social level.
2 - Review the regulations and instructions applied in the field of drug control and propose the necessary amendments thereto, and propose the necessary new regulations and regulations to raise the level of control.
3. Coordination and follow-up with the concerned bodies with regard to the implementation of plans and programs designed to combat drugs, to achieve coherence and complementarity between their work, and organize the efforts of governmental and non-governmental bodies in this field.
4. Coordination of cooperation between the ministries and departments concerned with narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances, the Arab Bureau for Narcotic Drugs and the competent Arab and international organizations through the concerned authorities in the Ministry of Interior.
5 - Supporting specialized and targeted development and training activities, in order to raise the adequacy of specialists and practitioners in the field of control in the concerned bodies.
6 - Evaluation of the activities and efforts of the competent bodies in the field of control and treatment, and study the obstacles faced by them to improve their efficiency.
7 - Supporting the entities and their participation in holding seminars and scientific meetings on the latest methods of awareness, treatment and rehabilitation used in this area.
8. Encourage cooperation and exchange of experiences and information.
9. Setting standards for activities, programs and performance methods.